Bloomberg Data Operations Analyst - Fintech in Dublin, Ireland
Job Requisition Number: 59413
Bloomberg PolarLake is an Enterprise Data Management (EDM) business, providing simplified data management solutions to the financial industry. We deliver the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
What do we do? See for yourself!
What’s the role?
We are seeking a motivated, self-starter to join our Data Operations team. Based in our Head office In Dublin and working closely with our team in New York City, you will be part of a team which is responsible for the direct support of our managed service clients. You will initially be involved with the processes surrounding the acquisition and cleansing of data for our clients from many of the world’s leading financial information providers.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for day-to-day operational activities which will include:
- Monitor the receipt of financial data feeds from external vendors, as well as our client’s proprietary data.
- Investigate and resolve data quality exceptions (such as unexpected data changes and Day on Day and Vendor to Vendor price tolerance breaks) on a variety of client deliverables such as Security Master, Price Master, Legal Entity Master, Market Indices and Corporate Actions.
- Respond to external queries and ensure the highest quality service is provided to Bloomberg PolarLake clients according to defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Research data quality issues, identify resolutions and update systems as required
- Drive data quality through continuous process improvement.
- Identify, define and drive change leading to improved and more effective workflow.
- Participate in user acceptance testing during initial on-boarding of managed service clients
- Develop subject matter expertise in the area of financial data and technology
- Participate in special projects as requested by clients or other internal teams
- Various ad hoc projects
What would we like you to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Business or in related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills and the persistence to stick with resolve difficult or complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with challenging clients.
- Strong PC skills
- Experience with the management process around financial data products such as security reference, security pricing, legal entity and corporate actions would be preferred but is not required.
- Experience with data providers such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Markit, IDC, SIX, and others would be preferred but not essential.
We’ll like you to be?
- A self-starter who learns quickly.
- An organized, detail-oriented, logical thinker
- Ability to effectively adjust focus across different issues over the course of the workday
- Keen interest in technology & finance
Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.