Bloomberg News Market Specialist, Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 58240
News Market Specialists play a meaningful role aligning the news product we build and publish, with the several terminal based audiences. As a News Market Specialist you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and crafting product development. By evangelizing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of Bloomberg.
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, the department serves as the de facto asset class experts at Bloomberg. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in enhancing the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams.
We are also able to highlight our market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We’ll trust you to:
- Protect the existing terminal base, increase product adoption, and ultimately generate sales revenue
- Build influential relationships with senior level contacts and market decision- makers and look for ways to generate greater adoption of News products
- Provide business managers with actionable feedback on the latest trends, content needed and new ways of consuming information
- Educate the sales force through internal training and seminars- Contribute to our written content bespoke for clients, and help generate and manage content for the FFMpage.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of practical experience in News or news-related products
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, including knowledge of news products on Bloomberg, the competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of topic codes and ability to build complex searches is a plus.
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure
- Self-starter, who can drive the localization needs of global news products to local market
- Willingness to travel
We’d love to see:
- A commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Knowledge of Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.