Bloomberg Bloomberg Intelligence - Media/Internet Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 60754
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's the role?
You would be responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies within the Media/Internet space. Your analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, as well as company calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with Industry senior analysts to coordinate analysis of companies
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industry
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Legal, Government, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments and external market professionals
You'll need to have:
- Substantial experience in Equity Research, specialty in the media/internet space preferred
- Sell-side or buy-side Research Analyst or Associate experience
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- The ability to be a self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation, MBA degree, and/or graduate educational experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/ .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.