Bloomberg C++ Software Development Team Leader - Trading Analytics in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 59355
'Trade Ideas' is a leading research and investment platform in a niche market used by high-profile customers. It can be used to exchange investment ideas and recommendations in order to demonstrate their stock-picking skills. Our comprehensive set of tools help people to create and share research, estimates and proprietary data in a cost-effective and straightforward way.
You will work with a highly capable Scrum team, have engaging discussions with product owners and sales teams in order to deliver high value for our users.
We're continually developing and improving our offering, which is where you come in. Our engineering team are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated leader to lead the team to design, build, and realise the next iteration of Trade Ideas.
We'll trust you to:
- Become part of an established Scrum team containing a diverse mix of engineers, plus representatives from UX and Business.
- Deliver high quality and robust solutions leveraging the highly capable Bloomberg technology stack. Our users are global and expect service even if one of our data-centres is down.
- Work closely with the team and Product Owner to translate product feature requirements into technical solutions.
- Drive the innovation, we are not afraid of new ways of doing things, new technologies and new programming languages.
- Be truly technically agnostic. You should love to identify the right technology for the task at hand.
You should have:
- Demonstrable experience in a team leadership position, whether with or without authority.
- A passion for developing people, servant leadership and continual improvement.
- Experience partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
We'd love you to have:
- A track record of Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
- Familiarity with design principles such as DDD, patterns such as Event Sourcing and React-like approach for user interface.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/company/technology/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.