Bloomberg C++ Software Engineer - Sell Side Execution Order Management System (SSEOMS) – (Contractor) in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 59242
Bloomberg's Sell Side Execution Order Management System (SSEOMS) Engineering team is looking for a delivery focused C++ engineer to join our team in London.
SSEOMS is becoming a global enterprise-wide order management system. We are the fastest growing business within Bloomberg on our way to becoming the leader in the industry. You will gain valuable equity trading and order management expertise in a very dynamic, real-time, mission critical environment. We are developing low-latency, high capacity sub-systems that handles orders, trades, risk, position, commissions, middle office, compliance and connectivity to the major exchanges around the globe.
The Engineering department of Bloomberg is responsible for building and maintaining all functions within the Bloomberg professional service which is used by our clients in the Finance industry. The Bloomberg professional service is a large scale distributed financial information system comprising; Trading functions, Market analysis, live data and News. All of our engineers will have direct impact on our product available to the finance industry across the globe
We'll trust you too:
- Work closely with internal business groups
- Gather and clarify requirements to building the software, deliver it and maintain the software in production.
- Work with high levels of client demand and business visibility so that you can showcase your delivery focused approach and ability to handle a fast paced environment.
You should have:
- Ability to program in C and C++
- Strong experience of programming with UNIX
- The ability to demonstrate professional experience of object-oriented design, data structures, systems and applications programming
- Experience of full development life cycle
- Excellent problem solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of UNIX scripting languages
- Buy-side/Sell-side Order Management system experience
- Project management skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.