Bloomberg Economics Data Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 61330
You love the pace of the financial markets. You’re always on the pulse with the latest market movements.
You’re the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Economics team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for the provision of macro-economic datasets and data driven insights for EMEA. We seek to continue our role as the leading source of economic indicators and analysis.
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex economic data or implementing technology based solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our Economics Platform.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will start in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to further develop your technological expertise and contribute towards improvement of in-house tools used by the Economics data team in their daily workflow. You will be encouraged to generate new ideas about database structure and development of Bloomberg internal and external functionality.
We will trust you to:
- Use your macroeconomic and data handling knowledge to engineer and process the content required to provide Bloomberg users with timely and accurate data related to major economic releases as well as more granular data that drives financial markets.
- You will be responsible for researching the methodologies of macroeconomic indicators, reporting structure of national and international sources to enhance and improve the team’s existing data acquisition work-flows, subsequent data processing and back-end database architecture.
Additionally you will:
- Deliver excellent customer service to Bloomberg customers and to internal stakeholders about in depth knowledge of macroeconomic statistics
- Work closely with Bloomberg Research, News, Sales, R&D and our Product development teams to contribute to the future development and strategic direction of the Economics product
We need you to have:
- A degree in Econometrics/Quantitative Economics/Applied Mathematics/Computer Science/Data Modelling/Applied Statistics preferred or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of key macroeconomic indicators and concepts
- Strong project management skills and ability handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure. Commitment to enhancing and developing products and processes
- Good communication, presentation and networking skills
- A professional level of written and spoken English and an additional second European language is essential (French or Russian preferred)
Does this sound like you:
We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.