Bloomberg Mid-Level Software Engineer - Multi Asset Risk System (MARS) Team in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 57461
Bloomberg L.P. revolutionized the financial industry 35 years ago by introducing the power of technology. Now there is a 700 trillion USD derivative industry in need of better tools and automation to make sense of the complexity, risks, pitfalls and regulations surrounding these financial instruments. Our team is building a one-stop solution to bring clarity, efficiency, and excellence to market professionals.
What is MARS?
Our Multi Asset Risk System (MARS) prices over 500 million complex financial instruments a day. Our industry-leading front-office, market risk and collateral analytics are used by over 2000 financial professionals across the globe. Performance is critical. The challenge is immense. We need you to help squeeze every ounce of performance out of our huge distributed pricing system. Innovation is key. Open source technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Kafka and Spark are supported. Come join our exciting and dynamic team and help make the impossible possible!
We are looking for a mid-level Engineer who has commercial experience, and is keen to continue their learning and development within our team.
What's in it for you?
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding and deployment. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, flexible, and an excellent collaborator
- Partner with other product teams and customers diligently. You should be able to explain technical concepts in a non-technical way and be passionate about your solutions
You'll need to have:
- BS or MS in computer science or related degree
- Commercial experience in a Software Engineering role covering the full development life-cycle
- Commercial Proficiency in any of the following programming languages: C++ / Java / Python
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- A keen interest in learning finance
- A true desire to become a full stack engineer
We'd love to see:
- A passion for technology and strong collaboration skills
- A strong desire to learn and work closely with Junior and Senior Engineers
- Examples of any tech related activities or hobbies/interests
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.