Bloomberg News Project Manager in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 62589
Bloomberg News is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic and experienced Project Manager to join our EMEA News Development Operations team in London. We are looking for someone who likes to get things done. Someone who goes the extra mile and thrives on pushing boundaries to achieve the next great thing.
Our team is on the front line, we work hard and we work fast in removing operation roadblocks that stand in the way of our over 2800 reporters and editors around the world. We also work with experienced engineering teams to develop new technologies for improving news reporting and automating news production. We do all this while maintaining up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
What's in it for you:
You like nothing more than seeing your efforts contribute directly to the success of Bloomberg News. As a subject matter expert, you will be a point of contact to help triage issues and bring them to resolution. Your ideas will also help shape the strategic vision of the group. This is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your strong leadership abilities, excellent written & oral communications skills and a solid technical background.
This is not a traditional Project Manager role. You will be asked to wear many hats and work in many different capacities. You will own a portfolio of projects and drive them to completion, but you will also be asked to tackle operational issues that arise with the same speed and follow through. We are looking for people that excel at multitasking and are able to context switch without skipping a beat and self-starters that bring ideas to the table and jump at the opportunity to initiate changes.
We'll need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher, computer science or related field is preferred
- Proven experience in management of technology projects, preferably in the News or Financial Services industry
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously and prioritize in demanding situations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior customer service and relationship management skills
- Passion for troubleshooting, critical thinking and getting it done
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Comprehensive knowledge of Agile principles and Scrum framework
We'd love you to have:
- Experience with news automation, web technologies, and computer systems
- Software development experience
- Management experience
- PMP Certification
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.