Bloomberg API Product Manager in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 59877
Financial market participants are actively developing proprietary applications leveraging our desktop API to analyze and transform vast amounts of information into profitable trading opportunities. Our goal is to develop our Desktop API solutions to meet the growing and changing needs of market participants for our clients.
What's the role?
You will join the API Business to lead the effort to design and build API solutions that allow clients to quickly respond to market changes and transform data based on specialized requirements across all MS Office product suites. The Desktop API is a mission critical application that is used by the majority of Bloomberg terminal users millions of times each day. You will have a leadership role in product design and the strategic direction of the Desktop API.
We'll trust you to:
- Continuously drive innovation to create solutions that help our users access the data they need
- Actively collaborate with other business managers, engineers, sales and clients throughout the design, planning and development lifecycle
- Clearly articulate your strategic vision for the product
- Work closely with Engineering to drive and lead product development
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors or advanced (Masters/PhD) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Mathematics or similar disciplines
- Prior experience building an API product or solution
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a sales force and large customer base
- Strong financial market knowledge and industry contacts
- Project and business management experience
- Ability to work with multiple groups across reporting lines
- Excellent organizational, and presentation skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of other desktop-based programming languages, including VBA, VB, .NET, Python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.