Bloomberg Bloomberg Intelligence - Technology Associate in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 62642
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's in it for you?
You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for supporting multiple research analysts in the Technology Industry generating insights, constructing data analysis and conducting investment research. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the teams daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea
Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trendsaffecting industries
Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- 2+ years of financial market research experience is essential to have success in this role
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- High attention to detail
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A dedication to improving and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
We'd love to see:
- Proficient industry knowledge of the Technology Industry
- CFA designation
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Financial Macro Development and knowledge of VBA
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!