Bloomberg Business Intelligence - Qlikview in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 56908
Bloomberg runs on data. We're nearing one petabyte and growing, with no end in sight. Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products. As the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Intelligence Engineering team, we are responsible for ingesting and preparing massive amounts of data for reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics. The data will also be used to drive new businesses within Bloomberg by providing new insights.
Who are you?
A hands-on Senior BI developer who is excited to tackle the challenges that comes with large volumes of data and complex business rules. A key objective of this role is to provide engineering, design and developmental insight for the team in building an enterprise level data analytics platform using the industry standard concepts against our Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and Big Data environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Have working knowledge of industry standard Data Infrastructure tools (e.g. Warehouse, BI, Analytics, Big-Data, etc.) with the goal of providing end users with analytics
- Develop, architect, standardize and support technology platforms using Industry leading BI/Reporting solutions like QlikView and/or Qlik Sense
- Interact directly with users to architect and design our solutions
- Be a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in BI Tools as a Certified Developer/Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Qlikview and/or Qlik Sense in an enterprise
- Strong Data Reporting and Visualization experience
- Knowledge of database design techniques and advanced SQL skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with business users to gather requirements and manage scope
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills