Bloomberg CIS TradeDesk Analyst in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 61793
There's a Business Analyst that needs to build a real-time feed that sends online trade messages to her proprietary application. You guide her through the Bloomberg interface to set up an online trade feed and explain how she can use the different parameters to meet her requirements.
There's an Application Engineer that is looking to automate cash tickets from a third-party system to their Bloomberg Buy-side AIM solution. You show him how to leverage the cash upload tool and provide the specifications. You provide consultative help with a sample file, guide the client through the initial uploads and show how to see the end result.
There's a FIX engineer that is looking to build a FIX engine to send CMF messages to their Bloomberg TOMS Sell-Side solution. You provide the engineer with the FIX specifications and guide through sample fix messages. You explain how the connectivity is built on our side and work with our other Bloomberg connectivity teams to complete the FIX on-boarding process.
On the Connectivity and Integration (CIS) Tradedesk, we are the first line of defence and first line of offense. We are the domain experts in post trade connectivity and integration. We deliver knowledgeable, proactive service to our clients. We provide valuable insights that drive our business forward. We are aligned with the three business product lines, which together make up Bloomberg Trading Solutions. We are responsible for supporting a large variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ and Bloomberg API along with Post Trade Technical Support and Integration for Bloomberg's Trading Platforms (AIM and TOMS) and open integrated work flows between Bloomberg and our external client based enterprise 3rd party systems. Our clients simply can’t operate without them.
What’s the role?
You're a calm, knowledgeable force in a fast-paced, volatile market. Our clients rely on your domain expertise to guide them. You provide technical application support so that our clients can rely on a seamless integrated solution for their business across Bloomberg and third party applications. And whether you're on a chat, getting on a call or on-site with your client, you can quickly size up a situation and provide a solution so that our clients get the information they need across all of their applications.
The role involves 3 core areas:
Client Service – At Bloomberg we pride ourselves on focusing on the client experience, providing the fastest and most knowledgeable solutions to our clients.
- You’ll leverage your product knowledge and acquired client intel to build and maintain credible relationships with your clients
- You’ll exceed client expectations by taking ownership and driving resolution.
- You’ll proactively communicate effectively with external stakeholders
Product and Domain Expertise - You’ll know your customers’ business, our competitors, and Bloomberg’s product offerings
- You’ll proactively develop your knowledge of our products and our customers’ workflows
- You’ll share and build knowledge across the business
- You’ll apply product knowledge to add value to the client experience
- You’ll stay ahead of what’s happening in the financial markets and understand the impact on our clients
Business Impact - ‘Business Impact’ is the value add brought to internal stakeholders, including Product, Sales, Implementation & Engineering
- You’ll generate leads and contributes to Sales campaigns
- You’ll validate, analyse and prioritize product enhancement requests and fixes for Product and Engineering
- You’ll provide valuable customer intelligence that drives product improvements and sales performance
We trust you would have knowledge or experience in the following areas:
- Middle-office and back-office workflows
- Straight through processing (STP) exposure within the financial environment
- Financial Post-Trade Data Feeds (Trade Capture / Position / Trade Feeds)
- Data Transformation using XML / XSLT's
- Connectivity Troubleshooting - TCP/IP / MQ / FTP / SFTP / LAN / WAN
- Data Delivery via IBM MQ / Troubleshooting MQ's
- XML and FIX messaging
- The full trade life cycle (Buyside or Sellside)
- Business fluency in English is essential. If you have another core European language that would be the icing on the cake.
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Earned a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university prior to starting
- Can begin working full-time in January 2018
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship in the future.
You also need to have:
- Demonstrated interest in financial market and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/trading-solution s