Bloomberg HR Governance Controls Manager in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 62260
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We have an exciting opportunity available to join the Global HR Technology team. The role reports into the Global Head of Enterprise HR. The Enterprise HR team supports HR professionals and internal key stakeholders, as well as partners with our elite technology team in order to provide first-class customer support and HR systems solutions. We’re leading an exciting transformational effort within HR at Bloomberg, centralizing and improving processes and controls and implementing new technologies.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that effective control standards are established and maintained, and that all the “end-to-end” processes that touch HR operate in a controlled, efficient and compliant manner. You’ll interact regularly with senior management, our finance functions and managers at all levels in the organization, including vendors and third-party providers. You’ll frequently be involved in matters that require complex judgment and solutions based on sophisticated and analytical thought, such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex audit control issues.
What’s In It for You:
You’ll play a critical role in this transformational work, as an important member of our team with oversight for the control infrastructure of the function. You’ll have the opportunity to serve as catalyst and champion for process improvement and other strategic initiatives, driving change throughout the HR organization. You’re a talented process- and controls-oriented person who thrives on change and playing a key part in driving major, transformational enterprise efforts. You’ve got prior success as a self-starter with the strong ability to work effectively with client and team members, balance multiple workstreams and meet all deadlines.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Establish and/or review existing control and governance structure to ensure that it’s effective, properly maintained, and operating efficiently.
- Design, implement and oversee an audit program for key process areas that identify and test risks and internal controls. Perform audit test steps on high-risk areas and supervise audit activities and controls conducted by various HR functions.
- Provide recommendations to close any design and control gaps identified during audit procedures performed, interfacing with external auditors as needed.
- Oversee control-related aspects of process changes and improvements, technology upgrades and new technology implementations, ensuring that the control structure remains effective as the organization changes.
- Ensure that process maps and documentation remain current, and that process changes are effectively managed from a control perspective.
- Ensure that internal HR training effectively supports our control and governance priorities.
- Partner with senior management to identify and design solutions for issues, inconsistencies and areas to improve business operations.
- Serve a leader and evangelist in building and maintaining a culture of control and quality in various HR areas touching end-to-end HR processes.
- Provide advice and leadership on compliance/control process issues.
- Work closely with the business and Risk Management to assess risk and develop controls and mitigation strategies for risk areas.
You Need to Have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to successful completion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and lead without authority
- Outstanding judgment and political astuteness
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of management
- Exceptional planning and project management skills
- Willingness to work hands-on in the research and data details as well as in the analysis
- Collaborative work style
We’d Love to See:
- Internal audit background, Big 4 experience preferred
- Previous experience working within a Center of Excellence (COE) model
If this sounds like you:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.