Bloomberg Legal Data Analyst in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 59195
Bloomberg Law offers a distinctive and prestigious alternative legal career which allows you to blend your passion for the law with technology, business, and data analysis. BLAW is dependent upon our legal analysts to continue building excellent products using a unique combination of business insight, domain knowledge, technical expertise and an entrepreneurial approach.
As a member of the Legal Data Analysis team, you will work closely with both our business and engineering teams to ensure the integrity of legal data in both litigation and transactional initiatives. We are a dynamic group that manages the data operations behind various products, such as Smart Code and Precedent Search. We assist in large scale testing of new products and features where you can apply your robust domain knowledge and sharp attention to detail. You will be given the opportunity to display your enthusiasm, problem-solving and organizational skills, ability to collaborate, and flexibility in pivoting between projects in a fast-paced environment.
What's in it for you:
- Contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform
- You’ll belong to a strong and positive team responsible for data analysis and validation, user acceptance testing, vendor management, and quality assurance, among other things, for a variety of legal initiatives.
- You’ll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for the legal profession.
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities.
You will need to have:
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Passed a state Bar examination and either have been admitted, or be pending admission
- Professional work experience in the legal field.
- Familiarity with online legal research tools. Experience with the BLAW product is a plus
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with project management, AGILE, and/or data analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- A keen interest in the intersection of technology and the law
If this sounds like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.