Bloomberg Market Data Feeds Analyst in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 60775
Bloomberg consumes data from financial markets all over the world. This data varies depending on the different protocols and terminology that a market uses to describe their trading activity. It is the translation of this data into standard market events that drives the core functionality of Bloomberg products and analytics. As financial markets continue to evolve their technologies and products, so does the need for maintaining these standard events that provide consistency and transparency in behavior.
The Market Data Real-Time Feed Analyst Team is a global team that analyzes the real-time market data from financial sources all over the world and develops the standards to normalize their data into the Bloomberg market data model. The team works with all of the business and programming areas responsible for adding and maintaining real-time market data and the value added features that enrich the Bloomberg terminal and enterprise products.
The team is responsible for understanding market data events and their impact on the end-to-end systems and applications. They are also familiar with the key features and attributes of all asset classes that drive data model determinations.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist with researching and modeling financial markets and their events, proactively review the existing normalized market data and recommend enhancements to further align the Bloomberg Data model
- Be involved with various aspects of the project life cycle from requirements and implementation design to development, release and QA/troubleshooting
- Ensure requirements to normalize Exchange data comply with standards and actively work with the Feed Handler software developers to make changes to key systems for Exchange market data
You'll need to have:
- A thorough understanding of market data conventions, such as how securities are traded and criteria to update calculated data points
- Ability to review and understand Exchange feed specifications
- Strong analytical skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret market data provider specifications and how to apply them to a normalized market data model
- Strong experience working on medium to large scale projects from requirements gathering to software roll-out
We'd love to see:
- The ability to normalize exchange raw data into a proprietary data model
- An understanding of financial products, their features and how they work
- Familiarity with feed handler or message processing software development
- A passion for financial markets and an understanding of Exchange real-time
pricing and reference data and liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on SDLC experience and a penchant for debugging
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology