Bloomberg Research Contributions Product Manager in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 58930
What We Do:
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it – our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with information they need. The team is comprised of several teams focusing across: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure.
We are on the hunt for a unique professional who has a mixture of practical business experience in strategic planning, product development and project management to join our growing CABM Product Development team focused on the Research side of the business. In this role you will have more than just an ability to identify requirements and manage projects -- you will make an impact by innovating, driving, and designing technical business solutions in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment while inspiring others to adopt change and increase user acceptance.
We’ll trust you to:
- Liaise with our Global Data departments' various Research business teams, the Core Product Research team, and external clients to identify new strategic opportunities and setting appropriate directions for product expansion and changes in process or technology.
- Manage several concurrent projects which build new technologies identified as requirements for the research business dealing with, but not limited to, workflow, ingestion and entitlement of research content.
You need to have:
- 5+ years of professional industry experience and knowledge of research publishing, compliance and distribution products and solutions
- The ability to build credible relationships with large sell side banks
- A clear vision of the future of research with the ability to articulate this to stakeholders and clients in terms of product
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with engineering, sales, product and support.
- Ability to execute a business plan while remaining responsive to changing conditions
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience working with R&D/engineering teams to develop, test and release new products.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next step.