Bloomberg Senior Java Engineer - CIS in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 59675
You're an engineer who thrives on a challenge. You love working in a high throughput, low latency, and secure-server environment, and you want to work on parallel data processing, message enrichment, data transformation and delivery mechanisms. You're interested in using open-source technologies. Your ideal project is building a high performance distributed system to support asynchronous workflows and faster fault-recovery.
If that sounds like you, then the Enterprise Connectivity and Integration team should be your next move. We're working on Bloomberg's message processing workflow engine and delivery platform. Our system balances numerous requirements while merging ETL design, real-time processing, systems programming, web delivery and human computer interaction for graph-based message transformation. Now, we're building new functionality and features as we extend our capability with a generic messaging framework that includes routing and processing heavy traffic loads in a variety of circumstances.
You need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in Java (or C++/C#) with a thorough understanding of the underlying systems you've worked on
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms and strong problem solving skills
- Strong object-oriented skills and experience applying modern design patterns
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with .Net/WPF or Java/Web technology
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Storm
- An understanding of or exposure to functional programming languages such as Scala and F#