Bloomberg Senior Network Security Engineer in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 61363
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s the internal IT systems, including our global corporate network, and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms), that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 6 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual, Corporate Security, and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy and rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 1200+ software titles, as well as, monitor and implement security for the entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
What's in it for you:
As part of the Information Systems Network Security Engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to work with Security Architecture team, Network Design and Information Security and Chief Risk and Compliance Office on various projects . You will help to design and implement corporate network security policies as part of the segmentation project. You will work with vendors and products to test evaluate and recommend new technologies best suited for Bloomberg enterprise environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with info sec teams, engineering and operational groups to design, build, and maintain network security solutions in the corporate environment.
- Develop processes and procedures for operations team for service transition
- Learn, test, implement, and recommend alternatives to existing commercial products
- Perform troubleshooting security issues across multiple platforms and technologies to solve complex issues
- Identify and implement automation of security tasks where possible
- Provide escalation support to Operations team
You need to have:
- 6+ years experience in firewalls, proxies, load balancers, and UNIX-based systems
- Solid experience with firewall rule lifecycle management process and implementation
- Proficient at securing systems (e.g. common operating systems, network equipment)
- Knowledge of security concepts and technologies such as IPS, VPNs, D/DoS
- Working knowledge of large-scale networks including architecture and security risks
- Proficient in network protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, SSL, BGP, DNS, SNMP, VRRP
- Working knowledge of Windows-based operating systems
- Ability to write technical specifications and operational documentation
We'd love to see:
- Working knowledge of scripting – Perl/Python
- Experience with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF
- Experience in automating firewall policy implementation a huge plus
- Prior experience supporting a large-scale network preferably in the financial services industry
- Palo Alto PCNSE certification highly desirable
- Experience in working with geographically dispersed teams
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.