Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - Build Workflow in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 59081
Our Build Workflow group is responsible for designing Bloomberg's automated build and build validation system. This system handles both proprietary components developed in-house as well as third-party software that we depend on.
As a member of this team, you'll design and improve the ways that our developers build and test their software. Our team occupies the space between source control and deployment.
You will work with a wide range of technologies, ranging from source control (git, subversion) all the way to databases (postgres, sqlite). We use the Debian package management system (DPKG) to package our software.
This role is for a software engineer and not an operator. You'll be designing new and improved workflows and then implementing them
.You'll need to have:
- Intimate knowledge of a compiled language (C++, C, or Fortran)
- Fluency in at least one high-level scripting language (Perl, Python, or Ruby)-\
- A solid understanding of makefiles (make or cmake)
- Knowledge of what compilers and linkers do and how they work
- Ability to work in a UNIX or UNIX
- like environment (Linux, Solaris, AIX)
We'd love to see:
- Relational databases (postgres or sqlite)
- Debian package management system (dpkg, deb)
- Configuration Management (chef
- Job scheduling infrastructure (Jenkins, RabbitMQ)
- Source control systems (git, Subversion)
- RESTful web services