Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - MARS in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 62612
Bloomberg L.P. revolutionized the financial industry 35 years ago by introducing the power of technology. Now there is a 700 trillion USD derivative industry in need of better tools and automation to make sense of the complexity, risks, pitfalls and regulations surrounding these financial instruments. Our team is building a one-stop solution to bring transparency, efficiency, and excellence to market professionals.
The Multi Asset Risk System (MARS) team works extensively with groups across the company including trading systems, quantitative teams, pricing and market data teams and business management. You will solve large-scale distributed computation problems by bringing together billions of data points in an efficient and fault-tolerant fashion. You will apply broad financial and mathematical knowledge across a range of asset types to develop analytics.
What's in it for you:
We'll trust you to:
- Design, code, implement and test new features of the MARS and Bloomberg Valuation (BVAL) platforms (mostly C++)
- Work with product managers to translate and understand product specifications
- Run projects - including estimation, scheduling, milestone creation, risk management and status reporting
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in object-oriented programming such as C++, Java, C#
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with or interest in full software development life cycle activities - requirements management, technical design, implementation, testing/release
- Familiarity with multi-threading
- Interest in learning finance