Bloomberg Senior Web Engineer - BLAW in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 62614
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) uses advanced search capabilities to provide faster access to diverse legal content by integrating with multiple services that have millions of records each. We are committed to changing the day-to-day of attorneys by automating manual research and providing them with real-time answers to better serve their clients. Our goal is to use new technologies to deliver best-in-class solutions that will impact the future practice of law. That's where you come in.
In a challenging industry and an ever-changing technical landscape, we are devoted to delivering quality software - and quickly. Our purpose is to understand our users' needs, scale and performance limitations and emerging technology trends for efficient and reliable delivery.
On our team, you will be given the opportunity to display your creativity and deliver continuous end-user value in an Agile environment. We are self-motivated engineers who like to research, learn and apply current technology to build new product features that anticipate our customers' needs. Our environment is collaborative and Agile, which allows us to deploy new features to production every day.
We'll trust you to:
- Work directly with product owners to build products that our clients use to solve complex problems
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale, client-facing web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience with automated testing tools (RSpec, Cucumber)
- A deep understanding of modern web applications and experience with issues related to scale, security, availability, deployment and operations
We'd love to see:
- Experience with web components (Polymer or similar)
- Familiarity with caching stores (Memcached, Redis)
- A working knowledge of Java
- A strong understanding of service-oriented architecture and full stack development experience