Bloomberg Technical Project Manager - Data Compliance in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 58026
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it – our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about gathering and integrating data to provide our customers with information they need. The team is comprised of several groups focused on: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enterprising individual to join our team in New York focusing on market data distribution compliance and rights management. You'll be responsible for handling Bloomberg's data management from thousands of 3rd party sources, each with unique data usage and distribution policies. You're an experienced professional who is familiar with market data provider policies with a consistent track record of leading projects to implement control systems for entitlement and reporting. Your experience with vendor audits and compliance procedures will also be helpful. You love building relationships and working seamlessly across business lines to ensure a uniform understanding of policies. You'll be a critical member of a dynamic team and be instrumental in leading the successful market data strategy within Bloomberg.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years relevant industry experience in finance / compliance, market data, enterprise data or with a data vendor
- Prior technical project management experience in the market data space
- A visionary approach with experience developing and implementing new strategies
- Experience delivering data driven solutions with an ability to extract insights from them
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with engineering, sales, product and support
- Ability to execute a business plan while remaining responsive to changing conditions
- Ability to be hands on in multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- An “all hands on deck” mentality
We’d love to see:
- Experience with interpreting contract terms
- Deep understanding of data provider policies and rights management
- Broad knowledge of common market data business
- Demonstrated utmost attention to detail and sound decision making
- Prior experience in engineering/R&D, and familiarity with QC testing
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.