Bloomberg Technical Project Manager/System Architect in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 60071
Setting the scene:
Your friends all know you as the problem solver- the person they go to when they need help. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. You’re accountable and relied on for mitigating difficult situations, often leading by example.
Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You enjoy helping move stakeholders forward with a vision, and understand what targeted communication means.
We are the PMO for Workplace Operations. We deliver on process and systems changes that our department needs and wants. We ensure that we do so in the most sound and effective manner possible.
You will manage business plan initiatives, co-ordinate process improvement activities and play a pertinent role in keeping our systems in optimal condition. You will work closely with Engineering on a daily basis to influence system design and overall architecture. You will manage projects for the full life-cycle from inception to release, and then into maintenance, and be responsible for communicating project issues and status across the organization.
What’s the role?
You’ll work with a talented technical and business team and influence both small and large scale process changes and technical updates. You will have an opportunity to lead a diverse and interesting portfolio with breadth of vision to make connections across projects and departments while recommending design choices.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand and execute on Workplace Operations systems vision and processes
- Partner with key stakeholders to manage and prioritize projects and features
- Analyze systems and document business/technical requirements
- Create appropriate and attainable deliverables
- Create and define system scope, gather business requirements and technical specifications
- Skillfully execute to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities using agile methodology
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or MS in business
- Technical project management experience or advanced degree equivalent
- Experience with data analysis to make decisions on process or system changes
- Some experience formulating database queries
- Ability to quickly embrace and master new technologies and changing processes
- Self-motivated, results oriented demeanor
- Ability to work independently, under pressure with frequent deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly professional manner, with the ability to interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to become subject matter expert and leader in processes of interest and assume a sphere of responsibility
- Chance to design complex workplace systems integrations and process flow
- Product ownership related to proprietary systems
- Exposure to all business areas, and interaction with senior-level colleagues
- Ongoing training in relevant systems
We’d love to see:
- Prior work experience with programming
- Experience with travel and expense systems and processes
- Experience with IBM TRIRIGA or other integrated workplace management system
- Experience with SAP