Bloomberg Technical Writer in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 58321
Contribute to an online Help system infused with the energy and drive of the iconic Bloomberg Terminal. The Bloomberg Financial Products Documentation team writes and produces Help resources that are vital building blocks of the Bloomberg client experience. Our Help Pages and product tours make a real impact on our flagship product and on the business of our clients. We don’t just tell our clients how to use the vast integrated platform of functionality on the Terminal—we show them why the product helps them meet their goals when billions of dollars are at stake.
Our work integrates the acumen for writing precise instructions with the creativity and financial knowledge necessary to write tangible, benefit-focused materials. Our writers have the flexibility to switch on a dime from working on complex documents to generating quick, need-to-know content that our clients can absorb without missing a beat.
What’s the role?
Our technical writers create client-facing user documentation for the Bloomberg Terminal. You will work in a fast-paced environment, interacting with product managers and programmers at all levels of the company, and driving the scope and direction of documentation deliverables. Sitting within UX Design, we have a keen focus on discoverability of our product and collaborating towards client-focused solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Research, write, and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation for a dynamic product.
- Build engaging benefit-focused material with excellent attention to detail and strong content organization.
- Generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
What's in it for you:
The Bloomberg culture is characterized by transparency, innovation, quality, and speed.. A flat structure offers meaningful access to senior management, and fuels interaction and collaboration across the entire organization. Our global headquarters in New York City reflects this decidedly un-corporate culture with a stylish, open, and dynamic workspace.
You need to have:
- 3 or more years of technical writing experience or related discipline.
- Strong writing skills appropriate for an end-user client audience.
- Confirmed experience taking a creative approach to engaging, benefit-based content.
- The ability to analyze and transform custom financial tools and analytics into accurate, user-friendly documentation.
- Tested project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
- Experience in a recent role which required a working understanding of financial markets.
- A proven track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including business specialists, development teams, and senior management.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
We’d love to see:
- Editing experience.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and producing images as part of effective content design.
- Experience with DITA, HTML, or online authoring tools.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next step.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.