Bloomberg Data Management System Engineer - Bloomberg Law in Princeton, New Jersey
Job Requisition Number: 62628
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day-to-day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
As part of the Data Management Systems Core Team, you will be responsible for building the core inner workings of the Bloomberg Law data platform to help us support all data ingestion and ETL for our client facing products. You will face challenges such as processing high volume data sets in near real time, while providing transparency and discoverability of all data processed. You will use tools such as Solr, Kafka, and Ceph.
We'll trust you to:
- Build and support a distributed platform supporting all Bloomberg Law data
- Evaluate new technology to be integrated into our platform
- Take risks. Our fast paced environment will require you to rise to the challenge and strive to exceed expectations
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of industry experience programming in Java
- A solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design concepts
- Experience with concurrent programming and distributed systems
- Experience with system design
We’d love to see:
- Experience building data and ETL pipelines
- Experience with Solr, Kafka, and Ceph