Bloomberg OTC Derivative/Symbology Analyst in Princeton, New Jersey
Job Requisition Number: 59811
In response to market demand for open systems and symbology, Bloomberg has made its Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI) available through its Open Symbology portal (openfigi.com) with no material impediments on redistribution. Identifiers are essential to the financial industry. Each one identifies a specific financial instrument. Most of the identifiers that have existed in the market for years come along with costly licensing and redistribution fees. However, the FIGI is free and open to anyone in the marketplace. Gaining market acceptance of the FIGI and Open Symbology is a major initiative for Bloomberg Global Data. To support the product, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the ID and Symbology team. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for maintaining integrity of the FIGI, as well as creating standards and protocols for new ID requests from market participants. This will include additional client support for Legal Entity Identifiers (LEI) requested through our LEI portal.
More importantly, you will be also be responsible for gaining market acceptance of the FIGI and the newly developed ID Request Service by working with clients, third parties, exchanges, index providers, custodians. You will have extensive interaction with clients and external parties and therefore excellent communication is essential. You will also have the opportunity to network internally with our Sales force and other internal product groups to obtain new contacts that will lead to further market penetration of the FIGI. You will have a good understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the industry and how FIGI can be applied to meet client needs. Deep financial knowledge with a focus on OTC derivatives is essential as new regulations, such as MiFID II, go into effect in 2018.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with Symbology Team to become subject matter expert on the FIGI
- Manage existing relationships and drive new business development
- Provide outstanding customer service; handle client requests for new FIGIs through the ID Request Service portal, as well as new LEI requests
- Assist with client mappings and FIGI integration
- Work with new and existing clients to promote the FIGI product solutions within the geographical area of coverage
- Utilize exemplary presentation, training and communication skills to develop and maintain client relationships
- Influencing the direction of our services by providing feedback to Bloomberg's Symbology Product Development teams on user demand, service enhancements and specific product developments
- Stay informed about the financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business.
- Engage in self-development to maintain and improve knowledge of the Bloomberg system, which constantly evolves as new data and analytical tools are added.
To qualify, you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or accounting and/or equivalent work experience
- Previous 2- 4 years of experience working in the financial industry with a focus on OTC Derivatives
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to initiate, develop and maintain - relationships with market players
- Strong presentational skills, with the ability to command and hold the attention of both small and large groups
- Commitment to enhancing and further developing products
- Ability to navigate internal and external networks
- Willingness to travel