Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - Foundational Data in Princeton, New Jersey
Job Requisition Number: 56627
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and it's our product. It's why thousands of companies partner with us. We're nearing one petabyte and growing, with no end in sight. Our data captures who, what, when, where, why and how our clients use Bloomberg products.
You will face challenges such as entity resolution, entity relationships and actions that can alter those relationships in these highly connected datasets. Working with Bloomberg's Data team, you will use tools such as search engines, machine learning and graph databases to create advanced software systems that can extract data from multiple sources and normalize it into a common data model.
We'll trust you to:
- Build highly robust, reactive systems and tools for the management and distribution of data to our system and the Bloomberg API
- Collaborate with business users as well as engineers in managing all aspects of the SDLC
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience building systems using service-oriented architecture in C++, Python, and/or Java
- Solid programming practices
We’d love to see:
- Professional data modeling experience both in SQL and NoSQL
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, Math or equivalent experience