Bloomberg Technology Sector Research Analyst, Supply Chain in Princeton, New Jersey
Job Requisition Number: 62154
The Global Data department is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Technology Sector analyst to join the Supply Chain (SPLC) product team. This group is responsible for researching and analyzing business relationships on over 23,000 companies globally. The supply chain dataset is integrated into a dynamic Bloomberg function providing a roadmap for clients to view supplier and customer relationship networks, helping them identify and manage supply chain risk and generate investment ideas.What’s the role?
Bloomberg Supply chain analysts leverage their industry expertise and research skills to analyze and monitor a portfolio of sector-focused companies, determine the nature of customer/supplier relationships and generate proprietary Bloomberg estimates quantifying them for publication on SPLC. You must be fluent in the nature of business relationships across the information technology sector, with an ability to help oversee the research process for a team of technology sector supply chain analysts and participate in the ongoing development of the dataset. In this role, you are expected to engage with clients including analysts, fundamental and quantitative portfolio managers and corporate supply chain procurement teams. In addition, there will be regular interaction with Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Intelligence analysts and other consumers of SPLC data.
To qualify, you will need the following:
- Minimum of 2 years investment research experience with a focus on the technology sector
- Supply chain research experience desired
- Extensive financial statement knowledge is mandatory
- Knowledge of Python/SQL as well as Excel a plus
- MBA, Masters in Financial Engineering, Masters Mathematics/Statistics, or CFA preferred
- Interest in enhancing and developing products
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of client types
- Excellent writing and presentations skills
- Attention to details and capable of handling multiple projects
- Creative and flexible
- Foreign language skills a plus