Bloomberg Team Leader, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Latin America in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Requisition Number: 59822
Bloomberg New Energy Finance provides unparalleled analysis, tools and data for decision makers leading change in the energy system. With standout depth and breadth, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum from our comprehensive web-based platform. BNEF has 200 staff based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
BNEF services fit clients' daily workflow, streamline their own research, help them to sharpen their strategies and keep them informed. BNEF's sectorial coverage provides financial, economic and policy analysis, as well as news and the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the clean energy space.
What's the role?
We are seeking a Leader of our Latin America BNEF team based in our São Paulo office. On any given day you'll lead a small group that produces primary research and analysis on technology, economic and policy drivers affecting South American power markets, with a special focus on Brazil, Mexico, Chile and Argentina. You'll have line management over BNEF analysts in Sao Paulo and liaise closely with analysts charged with data collection vital to BNEF clients also based in the office.
You will collaborate extensively with BNEF teams located in a dozen other offices globally. You'll also work with Bloomberg staff outside of BNEF, particularly those on the commercial team. You will work collaboratively with those from the core Bloomberg Terminal business to find ways BNEF research can serve Terminal clients and help Terminal sales.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as BNEF’s senior most voice in LatAm, to clients, potential clients, the media, public-policy leaders, and others.
- Play a critical role in determining BNEF’s overall business strategy and research agenda in LatAm by giving input to management and the commercial team.
- Provide key inputs on BNEF’s long-term forecasts for LatAm, as well as other key cross-company projects.
- Edit all BNEF research produced on LatAm topics and insure it is of extraordinary quality.
- Write insightful, important research that informs BNEF clients worldwide while affirming the BNEF brand among the energy cognoscenti and beyond.
- Present BNEF research in public settings, such as conferences and webinars regularly
- Answer client requests and supporting business development through client interactions.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of talented analysts while maintaining esprit de corps among the group
You'll need to have:
- A deep understanding of the energy industry, particularly the power sector. This includes a working knowledge of energy technologies, economics, and finance
- Excellent quantitative skills, significant experience using Excel and comfort using large datasets and models
- A demonstrated ability to retrieve key information both through digital resources but also through direct contact with actual humans- Substantial experience articulating ideas in writing and verbally to a range audiences
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and presenting) with fluency in English and Spanish
- Prior experience in mentorship and or development of others a plus and/or management of a small team
- Comprehensive experience of building relationships
We'd love to see:
- Speaking/writing ability in Portuguese
- A graduate degree in management, international affairs, or energy-related topics
- Experience with VBA
- Creative and flexible approach to people and project management
- Excellent client facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.