Bloomberg Credit Reporter - Beijing in Beijing, China
Job Requisition Number: 66909
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organisations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
We are looking for a reporter in China who will cover credit markets, with a focus on tracking offshore secondary trading, and monitoring and breaking news on stressed and distressed debt. You will develop sources and stories and write authoritatively about the market for specialists and general readers.
We'll trust you to:
- Monitor and break news on Chinese offshore borrowers, especially those facing difficulties meeting their obligations; identify events and trends and follow up with context and analysis
- Contribute to our coverage of new issuance
- Build out ideas into both short- and long-form stories
- Recognize and work on big theme stories and ideas
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the newsroom
- Be able to write and present information across multiple formats
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, including stints in a real-time breaking news environment
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- A track record of team work and collaboration- Excellent written and spoken English skills; fluent in Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.