Bloomberg Technology Support and Operations Engineer - Beijing in Beijing, China
Job Requisition Number: 65630
Our Global Field Operations teams work with urgency to provide 24/7 on-site technical solutions to Bloomberg’s clients in more than 75 countries. Our clients rely on our technology and the support that we provide to be able to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. The team are all highly-skilled specialists who are able to assist them with all Bloomberg hardware (PCs, biometric devices, routers), software, and networking infrastructure. Providing a one-stop shop of onsite support and not leaving until the job is done.
You operate as a Technical Account Manager when you are on site and make valuable contributions to our clients because of your expertise within Bloomberg working closely with other Bloomberg Technical Operations teams. You pride yourself in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by being able to understand and pre-empt client needs as well as deliver personal, on-the-ground value and assistance spotting gaps and implementing changes.
You are the calm voice and cool head in a fast-paced environment but you understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on you daily. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver an extraordinary level of customer service under pressure, whilst maintaining focus on solving the issue
- Flexibly support internal and external client technical needs to resolution
- Accurately detail fixing steps and resolutions using our proprietary ticketing system
You'll need to have:
- Experience with Desktop Support, Networking devices, Windows OS, and PC hardware
- Exposure to networking technology (Networking hardware, TCP/IP, LAN and WAN)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Read, write, speak in English; fluency in Mandarin
- Flexible coverage schedule to accommodate occasional evening, weekend work (time off in lieu)
We'd love to see:
- Some programming knowledge
If this sounds like you:
Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. To learn more, visit our career site http://www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.