Bloomberg Digital News Editor in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 70563
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
We are looking for a Digital News Editor to join our Asia team based in Hong Kong. In this role you'll manage content across a range of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LINE and WhatsApp for Asian and global audiences, whilst using your news judgement and skills in analytics to build engagement and reach. You will also be expected to manage homepages, work with journalists to develop their social media profiles and digital expertise, whilst also helping the newsroom generate content that resonates with audiences on all platforms. It would be highly desirable if you had an interest in business and politics, skills in spotting trends online, and an ability to think and write creatively.
As our Digital News Editor we’ll trust you to:
- Drive performance/reach of Bloomberg content through social media promotion
- Use analytics tools to spot content and develop strategies on different platforms
- Work with our team of journalists on social media best practices and digital strategies
- Headline writing, homepage editing and app curation
You’ll need to have:
- At least 2 years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Strong editorial judgement
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as ChartBeat, Parse.ly, Crowdtangle, Google Trends and Google Analytics
- A track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
If this sounds like you:Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.