Bloomberg Contributions Project Manager - Johannesburg in Johannesburg, South Africa
Job Requisition Number: 70696
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure. We onboard an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
As a part of the Contributions team you will be handling a number of accounts, building strong relationships and providing technical solutions for key market players across the Africa. Your role is to drive these connections forward in order to deliver high quality OTC pricing and government agency data to the Bloomberg Terminal.
As a wider department we are comprised of several groups: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure. We on-board an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant and compliments other Bloomberg products.
Beyond project management responsibilities with pricing data contributors, we also work closely with Market Specialists and departments such as Terminal Sales, Trading Systems, Electronic Trading, Enterprise Solutions, Networks, Engineering and Data to ensure that the pricing is fast, reliable and accessible across the Bloomberg platform.
We will trust you to:
- Work directly with traders and market data departments in various financial institutions across Africa to maintain & improve OTC data
- Provide internal and external support on existing technology and drive product development.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our clients remotely and through travel to drive our business
- Work with Market Specialists and our Sales teams to fill the gaps in data coverage
- Manage projects to implement the acquisition of data for Africa
- Implement and maintain various types of real-time data feeds with our clients and their market data team.
- Look for feed upgrades and address inefficiencies to improve data flow from our clients
- Use technology to assist clients in providing OTC Contributions
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in Information Systems
- Experience and knowledge of technical infrastructure, particularly within financial organisations
- A keen interest in financial markets
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, team environment
- Excellent communication, customer service and project management skills
- Previous experience in a client facing and or customer service role
We'd love to see:
- Experience with VBA and Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.