Bloomberg Breaking News Editor - London in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 66637
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
You're a news junkie, fully aligned with what real-time news traders and finance professionals need to know. You will join the Breaking News team in London and focus on breaking news from social media to speeches, regulatory filings to press statements. You'll need to write on the topics that the bureau needs to cover generally, monitoring competitors, attending press conferences and other events in search of opportunities to break news. This is an essential news service on which our global clients constantly rely, and we need you to help make it possible.
We'll trust you to:
- Exercise excellent news judgment
- Write quickly and accurately in English, under deadline pressure
- Know the markets and what our clients care about
- Be collaborative and work well in a team environment
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in English and an added European language is essential
- Experience working to short deadlines in a busy environment is essential
- Financial or business journalism experience
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- The ability to plan effectively and prepare accurately
- A relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. Please submit all resumes in English.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.