Bloomberg CIS Feeds Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 66638
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS), we help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positions to help clients with this challenge.
What's the role?
Due to significant expansion – and huge opportunity, we’re growing the team. In this role you’ll provide application, connectivity and integration support to our expanding client base across both the buy side and the sell side.
You’ll be part of a Global service team, supporting a large variety of connectivity between Bloomberg and external systems. You will also be managing technical messaging standards which include SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ and Bloomberg API. Additionally you’ll provide post trade technical support and integration for Bloomberg's order management systems (AIM, TOMS and SSEOMS) and open integrated work flows between Bloomberg and our clients 3rd party systems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide Client Production Support to customers in EMEA for connectivity and technical issues. This is a client facing role so communication and customer services skills are paramount
- Service our client base showing high degrees of professionalism and recognise the criticality of our clients businesses and workflows that integrate into Bloomberg L.P.
- Develop an understanding of our People, Processes and Technology in CIS and what we do as a business firm wide
- Train and educate our customers with our tools and technologies to promote our products and solutions to the consumer
- Show enthusiasm and initiative and be ready to take on both a challenging and rewarding placement
Where can the role take me?
A CIS Feeds Specialist has a genuine career path with CIS and DAI as the candidate will have exposure to our technology and people which will give them full visibility on what CIS does as a business. There are opportunities in Sales, Technology, Relationship Management, Product and Engineering. We are actively looking for people with the right skillset and attitude to join us.
You'll need to have:
- Strong customer service and client facing skills
- Excellent communication and a desire to build rapport with customers
- Ability to handle and deliver customer service to meet high expectations
- Strong Analytical/Problem Solving skills. Time Management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in technical support
- Experience in the Financial arena Front, Middle or Back office
- Connectivity and Network troubleshooting experience
- The ability to work on Sundays.
We’d love to see:
A Computer Science background
Order Management/Trading Systems/Trade workflow experience (Buyside or Sellside)
- Understanding of front-office, middle-office and back-office workflow
- Insightful grasp of how system integration and technology can improve and build solutions in the Trading Space
- Fluency in an additional European language as well as English
- Eagerness to immerse yourself in technology and express a desire to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
Exposure to UNIX and WINDOWS operating systems is desirable
Experience of messaging and connectivity protocols FIX, MQ, SFTP, TCP/IP, XML, SWIFT
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Open Date - 29th May 2018
Closing Date - 26th June 2018