Bloomberg Data & Visualization Owner in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 68413
Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities. With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What’s the role?
We are seeking a creative, analytical and highly motivated individual to join the BNEF Product team as a Data & Visualization Owner. The role is based in London, UK and will focus primarily on coordination and creation of BNEF proprietary datasets and visualizations. This means ensuring data alignment across the BNEF Product, maintaining BNEF data visualizations, as well as creating new ones. The role provides a unique opportunity to develop innovative data visualizations and data management strategies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage data in the BNEF product including QC and ingestion for use across platforms and in BNEF analysis
- Oversee data visualization to ensure BNEF tools are effective, efficient, and regularly updated
- Create data visualizations for use in the Product and in key BNEF publications
Details, split across three main areas:
- Excel >>BBDS
- BBDS >>TPD and/or Tableau
- Ensure data is suitable for use in various tools -- eg, data cleaning, transposition, etc. for use in TPD
- Ensure alignment across datasets and teams to provide single points of truth for clients and internal analysis
- Coordinate data updates across the Product
- Key web features like Country/Sector pages
- Forecast updates from all BNEF teams
- Quality control of investment figures for quarterly and annual BNEF industry investment reports
Work with analyst teams to ensure their Tableau tools:
- Present the data effectively
- Function efficiently -- ie, good SQL, etc.
- Are updated regularly
- Manage BNEF visualizations on terminal -- eg, Glibrary
- Create new Tableau tools
- Create new 'Tablettes' to be used in key Product features such as Country/Sector/Theme pages
- Create visualizations to be used in flagship publications
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in data management
- Experience in data visualization and Tableau software
- Ability to work with teams to ensure data flows into the system and gets updated on schedule
- Ability to work with and teach analyst teams best practices in creating effective and efficient data visualizations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and customer empathy
- Ability to move quickly, with attention to detail and high standards of quality
- Ability to think critically and solve problems creatively
- Strong decision-making skills
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 2nd August 2018
Closing date: 1st September 2018
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits