Bloomberg Global Data Team Leader in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 66839
You pride yourself on your ability to motivate, develop and recruit a high performing team around you. You think creatively and have the leadership potential to drive a team forward. You have a passion for technology and making impactful decisions to drive your product forward.
Global Data is looking for a Team Leader. This position requires extensive communication across EMEA and around the world with Sales, Ancillary Product Groups, Analytics, News, Engineers & Business Managers. You will be expected to work closely with Bloomberg clients and perform managerial responsibilities including the development of Data products and process re-engineering by applying technology, vendor management, and business planning. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with others to oversee the delivery of accurate and timely financial data whilst continually seeking new ways to operate more efficiently.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. As a team we're responsible for enhancing and reporting fundamentals related content for the Bloomberg Terminal. Offering reported on and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, industry-specific data points, and Business Line and Geographic Segmentation data - we move markets!
The Global Data Department collaborates with Sales, News, and Research and Development, while staying in tune with our client needs, contributing to the development of the Data Management products and fuelling Bloomberg news stories with the data that we receive.
We'll trust you to:
- Hire, coach and develop data analysts to safeguard a strong performing team
- Create processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service exceeds expectations
- Leverage technology to optimize existing workflows, processes and resources to achieve department goals
- Maintain close ties with peer Data teams to drive strategic initiatives globally
- Take responsibility for business planning, budgeting and management of small to large scale projects
You need to have:
- Bachelor of Science in relevant discipline
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Strong understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
- Comprehensive experience of building relationships
- In-depth understanding of merging technology and data processing methodologies, especially with respect to the application of big data
- Interest in creating/developing workflow tools and processes
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Creative and flexible approach to managing and problem solving
We'd love you to have:
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Opening Date: 2nd May 2018
Closing Date: 30th May 2018