Bloomberg Implementation Specialist - Global Markets - Electronic Trading in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 65795
The world's market leaders in fixed income, currency and commodities (FX) and equities have always turned to Bloomberg first for transparent data, powerful analytics and seamless execution. Our leading platforms across multi- asset classes helps you discover value and make trades with total confidence.
Our global market trading platforms, links all available electronic trading products into one portal and provides multi-dealer, executable composite pricing, so clients can stage, monitor, trade and allocate trades on the terminal for each asset class.
For pre trade and trade we help Buy-side customers integrate their Order Management Systems (OMS) and Execution Management System (EMS) with our platforms via FIX to be able to stage orders onto Bloomberg and route them to various dealers for execution. We help the Sell-side dealers and brokers integrate their pricing and trading engines with our platform via FIX to stream prices & complete real time trade negotiation.
For post trade we also help customers integrate to our FIX & SFTP based workflows for straight through processing (STP), Trade Reconciliation, Allocation Matching, Derivative Clearing and Trade Reporting.
We help our customers to integrate these workflows in regulated markets.
What's the role?
You will join a global team of multi-asset implementation specialists and be responsible for buy side and sell side e-trading integrations covering fixed income, currency and commodities and equities. You'll ensure that both the dealer and customer’s e-trading initiatives are delivered efficiently and on time. You will support our sales force, partner with various teams internally and deal directly with our clients on a regular basis. You will work on implementation projects of varying complexities across asset classes. You will play a meaningful role in being the driving effort for all our new initiatives for FIX. You will work to cross and up sell implementations. You’ll be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment have a proactive approach to solving problems and will not shy away from challenges. You will be provided with account coverage for sell-side, locational coverage for buy-side and also manage third party vendor relationships.
The projects you will be part of will involve a multitude of proprietary and third party systems as well as a wide range of security types including:
- Fixed Income (FIT): Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, Repo, Mortgages, Emerging Markets, Money Market and MUNIs
- FX and Commodities (FXGO): Spot, Outright, Swap, Deposit, NDF, FX Options and Algos
- Equities (EMSX): Equity, Futures and Options
We'll trust you to:
- Run projects to help buy-side and sell-side customers integrate to the workflow solutions that best meet their business needs
- Ensure that dealer and customer e-trading initiatives are delivered efficiently and on time
- Interact with OMS, EMS and TMS vendors to test and certify them for Global Market integrations
- Manage client on-boarding, configuration, enablement, beta testing and production release
- Continue to develop your knowledge of platforms and markets to identify system issues and propose product improvements and help improve efficiencies
- Work closely with Sales as well as Product Development
You’ll need to have:
- Detailed knowledge of FIX protocol
- Consistent track record of delivering e-Trading and STP integration projects
- Prior technical experience in trading system implementations, TMS, EMS and OMS
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritise in demanding situations and meet deadlines
- Advanced interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Fixed Income and/or FX and Commodities and/or Equities
We'd love to see:
- Regulatory knowledge in MiFID2, MTF, SEF and EMIR
- Additional European languages
- Prior knowledge of Bloomberg platforms in Global Markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.