Bloomberg Junior Sales Assistant - Media - London in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 68344
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions - our Sales teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Our Ad Sales team harnesses the power of our global newsroom, data-driven insights and award-winning creative solutions across media platforms including digital, TV, radio, print, mobile and events. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join our EMEA team as a Sales Assistant. You'll be exposed to all functions, including sales, operations, marketing and management. This will require resourcefulness, flexibility, efficiency, and a can-do attitude. You'll also be curious, proactive, and not afraid to be out of your comfort zone. You will need to move fast, while always being thoughtful and professional. Last but not least, we'll need you to be an enthusiastic and motivated team-player with a hunger to go above and beyond - and a desire to learn more every day.
This role will be a one year fixed term contract and is a great opportunity for someone who wants begin their career within a sales environment at a global company.
We'll trust you to:
- Support the sales team in achieving their goals
- Assist in the preparation of major sales activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences and sales reporting
- Prepare research and bios
- Organise domestic and global travel, creating expense reports
- Provide back-up support for sales and customer service activities
- Manage communication (email, interoffice, etc.)
- Act as liaison for the leadership team and as a proxy for them in meetings and training, as needed
- Coordinate client events and meetings, working with our Events and Marketing teams
- Respond to client requests ensuring quick turnaround
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Diligent approach to handling large volumes and ability to prioritise in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of internal and external customers
- Experience using Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn additional software as needed such as Salesforce
- An interest in the media industry
- A high work rate, be highly organised, be able to prioritise and work on parallel tasks and have rigorous attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Experience in sales or new business development
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.