Bloomberg Purchasing Operations Specialist - Temporary contract in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 70604
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation-which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients-and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Global Purchasing Operations Department is looking for a purchasing specialist to join our team. As the Purchasing Specialist you will provide procurement operational support to various lines of businesses.
We'll trust you to:
- Exhibit customer service excellence to both our external and internal clients, while maintaining Bloomberg’s high level of integrity
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to view the entire process and make suggestions for improvements
- Have a working knowledge of best practices with Procurement
- Be able to handle a rapidly changing environment while working diligently
- Be a strong team player with great people skills (communication, collaboration, integrity)
- Create purchase orders and submitting to suppliers in a timely manner, in compliance with processes and policies, achieve customer satisfaction
- Support category managers, sourcing specialists and our internal clients to identify buying channel opportunities and potential cost savings
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Relevant experience in Procurement Operations
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking skills
- Ability to learn new applications
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Excellent project management skills with ability to multi task effectively
- Change management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills along with excellent and professional written and verbal communication capabilities
We'd love to see:
- Oracle or other ERP experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and implement solutions for operational improvements and automation
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org