Bloomberg Senior Infrastructure Engineer - C++ in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 66067
At Bloomberg, our software runs the financial markets. And in Software Infrastructure, we're building the core foundation that more than 5000 developers (and counting) rely on for their applications. We build libraries that touch a wide range of technologies. This includes programmable real-time data-processing pipelines, crypto services and development tools. We are technologists who live and breathe high-performance, well-factored, scalable, testable code which can mould quickly to new business initiatives.
We sit right at the heart of all of the real-time software for high impact systems at the core of the Bloomberg infrastructure. We process billions of ticks of market data from exchanges around the world, driving the majority of downstream Bloomberg applications. We address the market demand for low-latency solutions by delivering the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data.
As an engineer within Software Infrastructure, you're valued as technical expert and a go-to resource throughout the company. Our users, as well as our leaders, are highly technical people.
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Design, architect and develop libraries and software systems
- Write well-tested, robust, performant code in a cross-platform environment
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in C++
- A deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd love to see:
- Experience working across Linux/UNIX
- Familiarity with the nuances of building high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals
- Familiarity with network-layer protocols (TCP/IP, PGM, etc.)
Teams in our infrastructure department are tackling complex technical challenges at scale, and we want you to join us. In the application you'll have the opportunity to let us know what technologies you're most interested in. Then we'll match you with a team where you can make an impact!