Bloomberg Senior Machine Learning Engineer - News Search in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 70622
News moves markets, and with an index of almost half a billion stories in dozens of languages, we face the huge task to surface the most important information to help our clients make the right decisions. The fast paced nature of finance means that we only have milliseconds to process each search, whether that be on a single company or a thousand-character long query covering a portfolio of stocks.
The News Search team uses machine learning to rank the stories returned in millions of searches each day, from some of the most visited parts of the Bloomberg Terminal.We rely heavily on open source technology including Solr/Lucene and the Hadoop stack, and we have co-authored the first machine learning based ranking platform for Solr which has been contributed back to the community.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, we'll trust you to:
- Iterate quickly to develop new rankers by using both state-of-the-art techniques and developing novel approaches
- Work on the full machine learning pipeline, from offline data analysis for feature engineering, to training and deploying the models and measuring their impact on search quality
- Build the low latency infrastructure needed to operate these models in production with sub-second latency
You'll need to have:
- Proven background in fundamental machine learning algorithms and evaluation techniques
- Strong computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
We'd love to see:
- Experience with data analysis in Python using tools like pandas and scikit-learn
- Experience developing low latency and distributed data pipelines in Java and/or C++
- Knowledge of the Hadoop stack of applications (HDFS, Spark etc.)
- Knowledge of Solr/Lucene
- Interest in open source
- Publications in top-tier conferences or journals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8xLuxfMx98If this sounds like you:Apply if you think you're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status .