Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - C# in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 67630
We are an engineering team on a mission to enable QA and engineering teams across Bloomberg to optimally manage their automated UI-driven testing and end-to-end electronic workflow testing. The tools we build are used daily by QA teams to execute tens of thousands of automated UI-driven workflow tests so that they can sign off on product releases and enable Bloomberg products to go to market faster than the competition. We work in an industry where every second counts, and optimizing our QA teams to be as efficient as possible is what drives us.
Who we're not:
We are not SETs, evangelists, advisors to teams, or report writers, and we're not looking for people with those skills. We're looking for hands-on C# engineers who are passionate about quality and view it as a competitive advantage.
What we're working on:
We are a newly established team whose mission is to optimally and efficiently address Bloomberg's QA needs. We have a lot on our plate and we are very ambitious, so the timing is perfect for you to join us and make key contributions to this new system. Over the coming months, our focus will be on:
- Improvements to our integrated Test Authoring & Management system
- Cloud-based management & execution of tests
- Test Parameterization & Metadata
- Intelligent dispatching of tests that have conflicting requirements from the testing environment
- BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) and tight collaboration between QA, Engineering & Product. Automatic generation of Bloomberg UI-test scripts from Acceptance Criteria written in plain English. Our goal is to have Acceptance Criteria that are directly “executable”
Who are you?
An engineer with a pragmatic attitude who is passionate about testing and quality. You're someone who is driven by taking ownership of your work, and you're a firm believer in getting it right the first time. You're a team player with an aptitude for clarity, and you pride yourself in being swift and resourceful in solving complex problems.
You’ll need to have:
- Expertise in C# and .NET framework (.NET 4.5, C#, VB.NET, T-SQL, WPF/MVVM/XAML, WinForms, Infragistics, Reactive Extensions)
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases and T-SQL (SQL Server)
- Commitment to building quality software through testing
- A passion for software quality
If this sounds like you, please apply below! We'll review your application and be in touch as soon as possible to discuss next steps.
We want people who see things differently, find solutions and collaborate instinctively. Race, religion, sex, nationality, and other labels have nothing to do with it.
If you have a disability and you need help with our application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.