Bloomberg Senior Software Engineer - Market Data/Feeds in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 68081
Real time market data is at the core of Bloomberg's business, and our team is responsible for the software that provides it. Our feed handlers directly consume real time market data from hundreds of exchanges and financial institutions around the world and translate it into normalized streams. The data we provide is consumed by applications across the Bloomberg platform and ultimately used by clients making the decisions that drive financial markets. Performance and reliability are key features of our software. Our goal is to be the most comprehensive and reliable source of financial data in the world.
As a member of our team, you will immediately begin delivering software which has an impact on the company and our clients. You will collaborate with business units and other development teams to drive projects dealing with data across all asset classes. You will work on a variety of short and long term projects, both to address business needs and to continually improve our infrastructure.
Most of our software is written in C++, and our ideal match is an engineer with commercial experience in C++. However if you have worked with other object-oriented languages and you are keen to learn C++, we want to talk to you!
Join us to make a difference.
You'll need to have:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Expertise in your chosen object-oriented programming language, and a willingness to learn C++
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience developing on Unix based platforms
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, UDP and Multicast
- Knowledge of market data systems