Bloomberg UK/ EMEA Head of Employee Relations in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 67917
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other and collaboration is key to our success. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
We are looking to appoint a UK/ EMEA Head of Employee Relations, a newly created position within HR. You will lead a team of subject matter specialists supporting our UK and European businesses that span 43 countries comprising of 5000 employees. You will provide advice and support to HR, management, and executive leadership as it pertains to complaints, concerns, conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and interpretation of policies and employment law and will also serve as an employee advocate. You will be a subject matter expert on all employee relations within the organization and bring a commercial approach and mindset to resolving issues. You will have strong analytical skills, sharp intuition, and comfort navigating ambiguity. You will have a highly collaborative approach and partner closely with HR BP’s, legal and directly with the business.
The role will report into the Head of HR for the EMEA region.
We’ll trust you to:
- Managing a London based team of ER Specialists
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations matters in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner
- Conducting effective and thorough investigations of employee complaints;
- Benchmarking, drafting, and providing guidance on, and interpretation of, HR policies
- Developing and managing a range of metrics to strategically inform and measure employee relations efforts
- identify trends in ER cases and find proactive solutions to address them
- design and provide training to managers with the aim to upskill managers to deal with difficult situations
- Apply strategic thinking on handling variety of ER situations across complex jurisdictions through to resolution and work to develop these skills amongst the team
- Have a thoughtful approach of how to apply global guidelines across varies jurisdictions, while managing risk and exposure
- Ability to handle complex, escalated issues in a calm and measured way
- Gain a strong understanding of our varying business groups in order to effectively manage ER cases and suggest policy changes
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college and/or university (e.g., preferably business, HR, or another related field)
- Extensive HR experience in an employee relations role or in a relevant legal position
- Maturity, discretion, and sound judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information
- Sound working knowledge of UK and European employment laws and a track record of applying problem-solving and analytical skills to a range of HR issues
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com