Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration Service Specialist in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 66641
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS), we help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify and outsource technology overhead and responsibility. This ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of Capital Markets, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with the integration challenge.
What's the role?
Due to significant expansion – and huge opportunity, we’re growing the team. In this role you’ll provide technical application support and integration assistance to our expanding client base across both the Buy side and Sell side. You will also be given ‘ownership’ of a stable of existing clients to proactively engage.
You’ll be part of a tight-knit team, supporting a large variety of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) workflows between Bloomberg and Client systems. You’ll be handling inquiries about our customer integrations which connect via multiple methodologies, including SWIFT, FIX, XML, SFTP and MQ. You will assist clients using our hosted Middleware (GNET) to connect to Bloomberg. Additionally, you’ll provide support for Bloomberg Order Management System’s (AIM, TOMS) “Open Workflows” which provide enhanced interfaces to Stage Orders or Interface with Compliance Engines, for example. You will also be exposed to our growing stable of API based solutions.
Lastly and most interestingly, you will be given the opportunity to meet with your ‘assigned’ accounts on a regular basis. In these meetings, you will set the agenda, run training, cover new enhancements and give a personal touch that only an in-person discussion will allow.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide Production Support to our client base in the Americas
- Be proactive with the follow through and follow up of issues
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience, when clients move from project implementation to production support
- Achieve targets and deliver on metrics including quality of engagement and volume of inquiries processed
- Bring a positive attitude, focusing on teamwork and effective collaboration
You'll need to have:
- Strong customer service / client facing skills
- Order Management and Trade Workflow experience (Buy side or Sell side)
- Excellent communication and presentation ability
- A strong aptitude to learn new skills and apply knowledge
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving experience
- Connectivity Troubleshooting familiarity – MQ , SFTP, TCP/IP, FIX
- An ability to manage time effectively & multi-task in a fast paced environment
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to programming / scripting languages
- Understanding of front-office, middle-office and back-office workflows
- Experience with ETL Tools
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.