Bloomberg Creative Lead in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67739
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is searching for a Creative Lead who can take on a leadership role, always acting as an inspiration for the team. You have a strong background either in Design, Copywriting, Content Strategy or Video. You’re comfortable both directing a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, as well as “getting your hands dirty” as part of a larger team. The ultimate goal will be to collectively elevate our creative and content practice and serve as a partner to our Creative, Strategy and Sales teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering work and content
- Guide, teach and push members of the Creative teams in developing concepts and be part of the creative process from strategy to concepts to execution
- Autonomously own a large project from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Participate and consult with Strategy in activities such as customer journeys, whitespace identification, briefs, and client relationship development.
- Oversee and provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing properties for content value, relevance, aesthetics, branding, and overall experience
- Champion principles of experience design and know when to bend the rules and look for opportunities to innovate
- Showcase your diverse creative skills, sharing the latest and greatest
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on implementation feasibility to ensure conceptual ideas are realizable
- Build confidence with clients through compelling presentation of experience and content ideas. Independent thinking and effective oral and written presentation skills are required
- Collaborate, multi-task and work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines
You'll need to have:
- 7-10 years of copywriting/content creation/experience design and strong interactive/digital work experience preferred
- Creative or content/publisher/agency/consultancy experience desired
- Experience managing, mentoring and evaluating teams
- Good presentation and time management skills
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting edge ideas in a straight-forward ways
- Proven skills in presenting, client partnership and visual communication
- Knowledge of the capabilities of modern web technologies and desire to stay at the forefront as new technologies emerge
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications
- Advanced knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Experience working with Strategy to synthesize results into actionable design decisions.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.