Bloomberg Desktop Engineer (Windows) in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 66507
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s the internal IT systems, including our global corporate network, and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms), that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 6 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual, Corporate Security, and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy and rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as, monitor and implement security for the entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
Our Desktop Engineering team drives the Operational engineering arm of the desktop experience and Infrastructure management. Our colleagues depend on us to ensure the stability and integrity of our desktop systems environment and management tools. We touch everything across Active Directory, MDT, SCCM, our remoting environment including RDP and Citrix, and GPO configurations and deployment. We support PC’s, mobile devices, remote access services, images, and PC policies. We collaborate across not only the information systems group, but also with other internal teams (including Security, Risk and CTO) to improve, secure, and implement technology at the desktop level.
What’s The Role:
As a Desktop Engineer (Windows), you will develop and enhance Operating System deployment processes using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM).
You’ll develop Microsoft Desktop and Server images in accordance to Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for our Enterprise, Development, and Production environment. Additionally, you will set Desktop hardware standards (Hewlett Packard and Lenovo preferred), and create scripts for automating repetitive tasks, collecting metrics and system monitoring. You’ll also provide 3rd Level support for Windows Operating Systems including Windows 7 & 10.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Implement best practices, strategies, methodologies, and approaches to systems administration tasks and complex projects
- Develop repeatable standards and implementation processes to ensure product uniformity and quality
- Document, deploy, and improve new and existing desktop infrastructure to continually improve Bloomberg's internal user experience
You’ll Need To Have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience specializing Windows technology
- Windows administration expertise
- Working understanding of Active Directory including Kerberos, GPO, LDAP, and basic Forest/Domain design/deployment
- Advanced Scripting (PowerShell, VBScript)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, elicitation, and collaborative design skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
We’d Love To See:
- Experience as a mentor or lead
- MCSE, MCSA
- Apple MAC or Linux experience
- Industry experience within financial services
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.