Bloomberg Director of Communications - Bloomberg Editorial & Research in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 67202
Who we are:
Bloomberg connects influential decision makers in business, finance and government to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. In the Corporate Communications team, we reinforce Bloomberg Editorial's smart, fact-based, objective journalism and also elevate Bloomberg Media Group as a leading and innovative global business and finance media organization. We do that by engaging with external media and influencers, building third party relationships and through employee communications.
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a Director of Communications for Bloomberg Editorial and Research, based in New York. This is an opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and multi-faceted role, focusing on promoting Bloomberg News content and journalists, as well as business leaders across multiple platforms for Bloomberg's editorial operations. You will work on strategy across Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Intelligence, and live events. We will expect for you to have a firm understanding of business, finance, politics, and technology news. You also need to have stellar news instinct and the ability to jump on breaking news. Ideally, you should have demonstrated success promoting news content. An understanding of consumer-facing media relations, as well as experience with trade press will help in succeeding in this role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work on consumer and trade media strategy for Bloomberg News across multiple platforms, as well as breaking news outreach
- Work closely with Bloomberg's editorial leadership and journalists on integrated global communications strategy for Bloomberg News
- Collaborate closely with Bloomberg communications teams in the U.S. and around the world, as well as social, events, and video teams
- Manage high profile relationships with key journalists and partners both proactively and reactively
- Leverage your external media contacts across consumer and trade media
- Drive press coverage for key Bloomberg Businessweek events and offer support for Bloomberg Live global events
- Work with Bloomberg Intelligence analysts on relevant media opportunities
- Identify speaking engagements for Bloomberg journalists
- Be tech and social media savvy, multi-task, handle volumes of information, work under deadlines and respond to breaking news
- Execute on communications activities such as: writing pitch letters, media alerts, and press releases; handling media inquiries; proactively securing interviews for key editors and writers; monitoring press coverage and compiling tracking reports; developing and maintaining media lists; and preparing talking points and other briefing materials
- Help to manage an outside PR agency
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 6-8 years of working experience in media relations and corporate communications (a background in news/media would be ideal)
- Excellent verbal, editing and writing skills
- Solid relationships with external media contacts
- Proven experience in stakeholder/relationship management
- A network of industry and press contacts across consumer and trade media
- The ability to work well with senior executives, top business leaders, and newsmakers
- The ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
Does this sound like you?
If so, apply today. If we believe you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.