Bloomberg Information Systems Finance & Strategy Manager in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 64846
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems including our global corporate network and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms) that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 6 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual, Corporate Security, and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy, and rely on a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from a software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, and monitor and implement security for a global corporate network that includes 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays, and 120,000 network connections.
What’s The Role?
As an integral member of the our Information Systems Management Team, the Business Finance & Strategy Manager will partner with each functional area of Infosys (Infrastructure, Security, AV, Operations, Software QA) developing capital and operating budgets for delivering on our strategic objectives and core deliverables. You will assist senior leaders in the development of the business cases and implementation strategies for key initiatives including negotiation and structuring of key vendor and third-party agreements. You will also assist in defining and developing plans to implement operational efficiencies across Infosys. You’ll lead all assessment and integration efforts on behalf of Infosys (and all of Technical Support) for any acquisitions or other corporate actions including the integration of people, equipment, and technology to Bloomberg.
Success in this role will require financial acumen and business management experience. Critical skills include: strategic thinking, commercial acumen, strong project management, and a proven track record in a dynamic/rapidly changing environment. You'll work closely with senior leadership within Infosys and across Technical Support, while also collaborating with partners across the Bloomberg Enterprise including (but not limited to) Engineering, the CTO Office, and Financial Products.
We'll Trust You To:
- Provide Financial/Business Management
- Partner with all functional areas of Infosys (Infrastructure, Security, AV, Operations, Software QA) to develop capital and operating budgets consistent with corporate objectives/deliverables
- Ensure appropriate coordination and communication across various levels of management during the business planning process to ensure alignment of goals and expectations
- Liaise with business unit managers to understand their business needs and assist with development of business cases for investment, pricing and other management decisions
- Assist in the rationalization, negotiation, and structure of key vendor engagements (maintenance, consulting) through active engagement with Procurement, Finance, and Legal
- Identify and present operational efficiencies and cost savings opportunities
- Assist, monitor, and participant in monthly operational and financial reviews
- Partner with Finance to deliver insightful executive level management reporting and presentations (strategic business plans, capital committee presentations, etc.)
- Contribute in technology/system integration projects for Bloomberg Enterprise-wide mergers, acquisitions, and special projects
- Assist with funding needs for functional areas of InfoSys
- Engage with business units to determine departmental desktop related technology needs
- Assist in developing refresh strategies around commoditized assets (networking gear, laptops, etc.) and insight into multiyear pipelines
- Liaise with Asset Management to rationalize refresh cycles for PC’s, Flat Panels, High End Workstations, Laptops)
- Provide ongoing operational guidance and project management support ensure milestones are met.
- Perform operational forecasting, capacity, and resource planning
You’ll Need To Have:
- 5+ years of professional industry experience in IT /Financial Management
- Solid understanding of technology – infrastructure, hardware, software, telecom
- Solid grasp of accounting and finance fundamentals
- Budget Analysis and Financial Data Management experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Leadership presence and comfort with collaboration
- Strong written and communication skills
- Highly quantitative and analytical aptitude with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems
We’d Love To See:
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and our core services
- A Proactive self-starter
- Diverse network of colleagues throughout Bloomberg
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.